Before you even approach a realtor, below are some of the five quick tips for selling your house that you can do before putting it in the market. Selling your home is a big financial and emotional undertaking, which is why it would be a good idea to hire a real estate agent who will help you. Not only will they smoothen out the process for you, but they will also advise you on the steps you will need to take before putting your home in the market. This is why it is crucial to hire a great realtor who understands your needs because they will take the burden off you.
5 Quick Tips for Selling Your House
- Improve your home’s curb appeal. This means taking a look at your lawn or the frontage of your home and ensuring that it looks decent. First impressions are important, so you don’t want the first thing your prospective buyer to see is a messy lawn. You want to attract your buyers right from the start. Even simple landscaping improvements can go a long way.
- Remove all the clutter. For those who already have another home to move into, it will be easier as you will already have started moving and getting rid of your personal things. A cluttered space will only make the room seem smaller, which is why it is important to organize. It often helps to also remove personal photos, memorabilia, and knickknacks so that the buyers can have an objective assessment of the home. When you have a great real estate agent or firm behind you, usually they will even stage the home for you with new furniture.
- Repair or replace any broken appliances or utilities. This includes a number of things such as fixing broken doors, locks, heaters, sinks, etc., as well as replacing light bulbs, fixtures, and many more. The key is to make sure that the home is still functional and appealing.
- Clean the entire property. It may not be enough to do the cleaning yourself. This is when we usually suggest you hire a professional service to do it for you because you need to ensure that all areas are covered. This means vacuuming and cleaning all carpets, rugs, and window coverings, washing the windows, etc. You want to make the house sparkle and shine because buyers will pay attention to the details.
- Re-paint the interior. Lastly, perhaps one of the most important tips for selling your house is to re-paint everything. While some rooms you may think it isn’t necessary to re-do, especially when you are attached to a particular color or wallpaper you have done, you have to remember that this will be for a new homeowner. You want to set up your home in a way that will make it easier for them to visualize as their own. This is why re-painting it in a neutral or lighter color would be best. It will help buyers visualize it better as well as make the home feel fresh and new again.
These are just some of the tips for selling your house, there are many more steps involved. Fortunately, if you hire a real estate agent, you won’t have to deal with it on your own.