There’s no single thing, which makes a buyer purchase a house. It’s not just the house. It’s not just the price. It’s not just the lawn. It’s all of these things combined. There’s a lot to remember, so you might need some tips to sell your home before moving forward.
I’ve collated some of the best realtor tips to sell your home for the purpose of helping you out a little bit as you embark on this journey. Just remember, this won’t be easy, and these tips won’t magically sell your house for you. But they’re guaranteed to make the whole thing a bit easier, and that might make all the difference in the world.
Realtor Tips to Sell Your Home
- Clean it Again: There’s no easy way to say this, but no, it’s not clean enough. Clean it again. It’s not an exaggeration to say that – when it comes to showing your house to potential buyers – your home literally can’t be too clean. There’s no such thing. So, the cleaner, the better! Make sure it’s as clean as possible before showing it to another human being.
- Open House: This is a great way of showing your house to multiple interested buyers at the same time, and you’ll be able to weed out the uninterested few very easily by checking who asks for more details about the house. Even if your real estate agent doesn’t bring it up, make sure you mention that you believe hosting an open house might be a good idea. Your agent may have a good reason why it’s not good, but unless told otherwise, go ahead and open your doors!
- Gardening: Well, landscaping, in general, is a good idea. A freshly mowed lawn, a nice flower-bed, and a nice, healthy tree might be the tipping point for some buyers still on the fence, so look into having professional landscaping or gardening done before making your house available on the housing market.
- Professional Photography: Perhaps an unedited picture taken with your phone isn’t showing your house’s full potential. That’s okay! It may cost a pretty penny, but hiring a professional photographer to take photographs of your house is a smart investment. The photographer will be able to draw out the hidden beauty of your home, and edit any pictures that suffer from bad lighting. Check if your realtor has a photographer on retainer.
- Patience is a Virtue: Selling your house can be a stressful experience. Most of the time, it feels doubly stressful, because we feel like it’s taking too long. But in many cases, it’s not actually taking an inordinate amount of time. In reality, it’s just that it takes a bit more time than it does in the movies. So, be patient, and you’ll be fine!
There are many more tips to sell your home, but the ones mentioned in this post will probably be the most helpful for you during this process. It may not be easy, but following these tips will surely make it less difficult!